- Region Tuscany
- Vineyards A cru of select vineyards immediately surrounding the medieval Castello Banfi, historically known as Poggio alle Mura (the walled hilltop), in the southern part of Montalcino.
- Winemaking Fermented in stainless steel with traditional maceration. Aged for a minimum of four years, including at least 24 months in oak (90% in French barriques and 10% in Slavonian casks) and 24 months bottle aging before release.
- Tasting Notes Color: Deep ruby red, tending toward garnet. Bouquet: Violets, sweet ripe red fruits and berries, as well as cigar box and spices. Taste: Flavors of plums, cherries, blackberry jam and raspberries, with just a hint of wood. Well-structured with extraordinary concentration of fruit. Supple tannins and long finish.
- Food Pairing Ideal with red meat, savory game, and aged cheeses.
- Additional Notes 100% Sangiovese, select Banfi clones.
pair this wine with the following recipes by chef nick stellino:
NEXT-LEVEL NEW ENGLAND IPA
The OCB Crew has spent years conquering the different levels of IPA and we’re stoked to present the next chapter of hazy, hoppy goodness. Bonus Stage IPA packs everything we’ve learned about dry-hopping, hop scheduling and stablehaze into one crushable cans.
Crack open and let your taste buds conquer the layers of citrus and tropical fruit flavors derived from late additions of Galaxy, Citra and Simcoe hops. Now available in our all new IPA Power Pack and in standalone sixers and 12-packs.