10 Apr 2015
Winter is finally over, and spring has finally arrived! So, let the fun spring skiing events begin. With the amount of snow that we recieved this winter, it’s no suprise that the slopes are still rockin’ and rollin’ with exceptional conditions and plenty of action. We teamed up with the folks from the Killington Ski Resort this winter, and overall, it was a great ski season and we were very happy to be a part of it!
With that said, the party isn’t over yet! As the ski season winds down, why not attend one of the most fun events of the year-Killington Mountain’s Dos Equis Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge, which is taking place this Saturday. The highly anticipated competition and on-snow party returns to Bear Mountain. The annual competition will heat up again on Saturday as amateur bumpers take to the slopes of Outer Limits to battle for a place in the finals. The top 32 men and 16 women will compete in a head-to-head competition for the mogul challenge cup!
Have you already registered to compete? We hope so, because the deadline to do so was on March 30th. If you are a pre-registered competitor, be sure to check-in at the third floor of Bear Mountain Lodge between 7-8:30am on Saturday. If you are not checked in by the 8:30 time slot, your spot may be given to another person on the waiting list, so be sure to get there on time! Want to know what Saturday’s event schedule looks like? Check it out here:
- Registration/Check-in: 7:00-8:30am on the 3rd floor of the Bear Mountain Lodge
- Wait List Raffle: 8:45-9:00am at Outer Limits
- Competitor Meeting: 8:45-9:00am at the Top Of Course
- Qualifiers (All Divisions): 9:00-12:00pm at Outer Limits
- Finals: 1:00-4:00pm at Outer Limits
- Awards: After Finals conclude at the bottom of Outer Limits
- BMMC After Party: 8:00pm-2:00am at the Pickle Barrel Night Club in Kiilington
- All information, dates, times, locations subject to change
We hope that you had a great ski season and we look forward to celebrating with you this weekend! Have you ever been to the Mogul Challenge before? What part of the event do you look most forward to? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!
21 Nov 2014
Are you thinking of getting a ski pass this year? Are you pondering which mountain would be your best pick to ski or ride at this season? If you’re looking for a big mountain with killer terrain and the largest vertical drop in New England then Killington Mountain Resort and Ski Area is where you’ll want to hit the slopes! The biggest ski area in the East had its opening day last month and is ready to start the 2014-2015 ski season with lots of fun planned for both the mountain and for après ski.
Killington is known to be an enjoyable mountain with lots to do, including one activity in particular, and that activity is Ski Racing! If you are a competitive skier, telemark skier or snowboarder, the Dos Equis Bum Race Series will be your time to shine and show off your skills. After you race, celebrate with other registered competitors and have a party. You deserve it!
Here’s the rundown on all you need to know on how to participate in these fun weekly ski races:
- Location: Highline Trail K1
- Date & Time: Each race will run from 10:00am through 2:00pm
- Registration: The Ski Bum Registration Party will take place on December 3rd at the Killington Chamber of Commerce from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. You can also register at other times at the Killington Ski Club.
- Cost: $200/per team or $45/per individual. To participate, you need to be 21 years of age or older
- Team Standings: The points collected come from the “top three getters” on each team, each week
- Rules: There are two categories for the racers and individuals. You can register under “A” which is an experienced racer, or “B” for a beginner or intermediate skier. Both Skier “A” & “B” can be male or female. However, telemark skiers are categorized as “B” skiers with all rules relevant- male or female.
- Schedule: Stay tuned for the race schedule coming soon
Now that you have all the information on the races, let’s talk about the after party!
After Party: All parties will take place around 3:30pm and are free of charge for all registered series racers. There will be an abundance of food at every party each week. Just remember to bring your member card with you so you can have access to the buffet. If you wish to bring a friend or family member along to join the buffet, they can do so for just five bucks! While you sip on delicious drink specials from the night, be sure to check out the video that will be playing the day’s event runs. See yourself on the big screen and revel in your glory. We’ll be sure to let you know where the “after party” locations will be each week, so keep your eyes peeled.
Find more information on the Dos Equis Ski Bum Race series, including a more detailed version of the rules, and have a safe and fun ski season!