It’s hard to believe that summer has come and gone. The new fall season has arrived and that crisp chill in the air makes us realize that in fact, winter is on the way. You don’t need to think about putting on your winter mittens and galoshes just yet, there’s still plenty of time to enjoy this lovely time of year in Vermont. However, if you are a fan of hockey and the annual Pond Hockey Tournament, you may want to start thinking about the upcoming tournament and securing your team for the 2016 tourney!
The Pond Hockey Classic is gearing up for another winter on the ponds! In 2016, the PHC will host four tournaments which will see over 475 teams and an estimated 3,300 participants will take to the ice to “Bring Hockey Back to the Basics”. The 5th annual Lake Champlain Pond Hockey Classic will be taking place right here in Colchester, Vermont! On October 1st at noon EST, teams from all over North America will have the opportunity to register their teams and secure a spot in the PHC event. Registration is conducted directly through the PHC website. If you are a team that is interested, please visit the the Pond Hockey Classic website to register. Select the event you wish to compete in by clicking it’s respective logo and complete the registration form all the way through the payment screen. Please Note: Spots are limited in all four tourneys and select events are expected to sell out fast.
Interested in signing up your team? Here’s a rundown of what to expect out of the tournament:
- Date: February 12th-14th, 2016
- Venue: Lake Champlain, Mallets Bay, Colchester, VT
There will be two games Friday and two games Saturday with playoff rounds Sunday should your team qualify. The Open, 30+, 40+ and 50+ Division may register 4 to 6 players per team. The Shinny (Under 35 and 35+), Twig and Womens Division may register an additional 2 players for a maximum of 8. The maximum number of players per team is set in stone with no exceptions! This is to maintain the integrity of the event in regards to fatigue levels through games and tournament weekend.
What you’ll need to complete this process:
- Team fee is $600. During the month of September a $100 non-refundable deposit will be taken to reserve your teams spot for the 2016 tournament. The remaining balance will be charged to your card on November 15th, 2015.
- Teams who sign up after October 1, 2015 will be required to pay in full to reserve their spot for the 2016 tournament.
- Have your valid Visa, Master Card, Discover or checking account ready, and make sure to have the card holder’s name and accurate billing address ready.
- You will also need to provide the following information for at least four of the players on your team at the time of registration: name, age, email, and phone number.
If you have any questions about the tournament, please visit the Pond Hockey Classic website for more information. Mark your calendars and join the PHC on the ice in 2016 – “It’s Gonna be CLASSIC!”