Are you thinking of getting a ski pass this year? Are you pondering which mountain would be your best pick to ski or ride at this season? If you’re looking for a big mountain with killer terrain and the largest vertical drop in New England then Killington Mountain Resort and Ski Area is where you’ll want to hit the slopes! The biggest ski area in the East had its opening day last month and is ready to start the 2014-2015 ski season with lots of fun planned for both the mountain and for après ski.
Killington is known to be an enjoyable mountain with lots to do, including one activity in particular, and that activity is Ski Racing! If you are a competitive skier, telemark skier or snowboarder, the Dos Equis Bum Race Series will be your time to shine and show off your skills. After you race, celebrate with other registered competitors and have a party. You deserve it!
Here’s the rundown on all you need to know on how to participate in these fun weekly ski races:
- Location: Highline Trail K1
- Date & Time: Each race will run from 10:00am through 2:00pm
- Registration: The Ski Bum Registration Party will take place on December 3rd at the Killington Chamber of Commerce from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. You can also register at other times at the Killington Ski Club.
- Cost: $200/per team or $45/per individual. To participate, you need to be 21 years of age or older
- Team Standings: The points collected come from the “top three getters” on each team, each week
- Rules: There are two categories for the racers and individuals. You can register under “A” which is an experienced racer, or “B” for a beginner or intermediate skier. Both Skier “A” & “B” can be male or female. However, telemark skiers are categorized as “B” skiers with all rules relevant- male or female.
- Schedule: Stay tuned for the race schedule coming soon
Now that you have all the information on the races, let’s talk about the after party!
After Party: All parties will take place around 3:30pm and are free of charge for all registered series racers. There will be an abundance of food at every party each week. Just remember to bring your member card with you so you can have access to the buffet. If you wish to bring a friend or family member along to join the buffet, they can do so for just five bucks! While you sip on delicious drink specials from the night, be sure to check out the video that will be playing the day’s event runs. See yourself on the big screen and revel in your glory. We’ll be sure to let you know where the “after party” locations will be each week, so keep your eyes peeled.
Find more information on the Dos Equis Ski Bum Race series, including a more detailed version of the rules, and have a safe and fun ski season!