Let’s face it; winter in Vermont can be rough. Now that the holidays are over, that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. We’ve got some suggestions for you on how to fill those cold, wintery day and nights with some exciting and enjoyable happenings, that we want you to be a part of!
We posted a blog a few weeks ago, highlighting the Dos Equis Ski Bum Race Series taking place at the Killington Mountain Resort, which debuted last month. The Ski Bum race series allows local teams of skiers, snowboarders and telemark skiers to race down the Highline trail in pursuit of “Ski Bum Glory and bragging rights.” After the race ends, an after party takes place at different locations throughout the month on the Killington access road. After a hard days work on the slopes, reward yourself with food, drink specials and free giveaways from our participating sponsors.
Here is the January schedule for the Killington Après Ski Parties:
- 1/7 from 3:30-5:30pm at The Santa Fe Steakhouse
- 1/14 from 3:30-5:30pm at The Slopeside Bar and Grille
- 1/21 from 3:30-5:30pm TBD (Please check Killington Ski Resort’s website for details)
- 1/28 from 4:00-6:00pm at The Baja Burrito
The after parties will always take place around 3:30 and are free of charge for all registered ski racers. There will be an abundance of food at every party each week. Just remember to bring your member card with you so you can have access to the buffet. If you’d like to bring a family member or friend along to join you, they can do so for just five dollars! While you sip on tasty drink specials from the night, be sure to check out the video that plays the day’s event runs. See yourself on the big screen and revel in your glory.
If skiing or going to the mountain isn’t your thing, there’s always Trivia Night! If you like to test your knowledge and win prizes, then this should be your night to shine.
Here is a schedule for some Trivia Night’s taking place all over the state:
- 1/8 Thursday Trivia Night from 6pm-12am at Ramunto’s in Bennington. Win big with pint glasses and four ski tickets. This event is sponsored by Otter Creek.
- 1/20 Tuesday Trivia Night from 8-10pm at the Whetstone Station in Brattleboro. Prizes will consist of t-shirts and hats and is sponsored by Southern Tier Brewing.
- 1/1-2/28 the TC Tavern in Dover will be hosting a customer giveaway from 6-9pm every day. Prizes will consist of hats, t-shirts, and keychains and is sponsored by Pabst, Magic Hat, Switchback and Coors Light.
Now that you’ve got the schedules, fill in your calendars with these fun events. If you have any questions or stories you’d like to share with us, please post them to our Facebook page.