04 Mar / 2016
It’s that time of year again! It’s time to bust our your feathers, beads, and masquerade masks, and join us in downtown Burlington for the 21st annual Magic Hat Mardi Gras Parade. This is one of our favorite times of the year, and by the looks of the forecast, it’s shaping up to be a bright, sunny day. Join in on the fun and celebrate with us before the big parade starts at 3pm!
Our Baker Promotion teams are gearing up for the big day, and we’re teaming up with thirty different bars and restaurants all over downtown Burlington, to give you the ultimate Mardi Gras experience. There will be Magic Hat Brewing Company beer specials, giveaways and tons of FREE swag, so brings your friends and family, and show off your Mardi Gras spirit with us!
Grab a bite, sip on some tasty Magic Hat brews, and join us for these fun promo parties from 12pm-2:45pm:
- Halverson’s Upstreet Cafe
- What Ale’s You
- Half Lounge
- Ken’s Pizza & Pub
- The Other Place
- EB Strong’s
- Akes Place
- Skinny Pancake
- El Gato
- Church Street Tavern
- Club Metronome
- RiRa Burlington
- Red Square
- RJ’s Burlington
- Three Needs
- Manhattan Pizza
- Finnigans Pub
- Juniors Downtown
- The Scuffer Steak & Ale House
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Daily Planet
- Church & Main
- The Gryphon
What’s your favorite part about Mardi Gras Weekend? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!
It’s an exciting time in Vermont, as the second annual Vermont Cider Week debuts again for a week-long celebration of all things CIDER! Vermont Cider Week “connects Vermont cider makers to buyers from top restaurants, bars and retail shops across the Green Mountain State. Vermont Cider Week helps bring awareness, new business, and growth to the states cideries.” This week long event isn’t just for the cider makers, it’s also for the trade industry and for the consumers who have an appreciation for Vermont ciders.
Vermont Cider Week is a “collaboration between Vermont craft cider makers to showcase the best hard cider made from the best apples on the planet.” The following VT Cider Makers will be participating all over the state, which include: Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits, Boyer’s Hard Ciders & Wines, Champlain Orchards, Citizen Cider, Eden Ice Cider, Fable Farm Cider, Flag Hill Farm, Forbidden Orchards, Hall Home Place, Newhall Farm, Shacksbury, Stowe Cider, Woodchuck Hard Cider, Whetstone Ciderworks, Windfall Orchard & Farnum Hill Ciders!
There are events taking place at various bars, restaurants and tasting rooms all over Vermont every day/night from Friday, Feb. 26th continuing through Saturday, March 5th. From cider tap takeovers to limited edition tastings, there is something for everybody to enjoy during this exciting week. Since there are quite a few events taking place, we decided to highlight a few for you!
Check out these exciting happenings:
- Join Woodchuck Cider in Middlebury, VT and celebrate VT Cider Week at the Woodchuck Cider House all week long to sample their craft cider and view their tour hall! This event takes place 2/26-3/6.
- This Saturday, 2/27, check out VT’s finest ciders at the Skinny Pancake at Stowe Mountain for a tap takeover featuring Woodchuck Cider, Boyden and Eden Cider, and many more!
- On Tuesday, March 4th, head to Doc Ponds in Stowe, VT to take part in VT Cider Week and apres ski in style.
- Stop by the Farmhouse Tap & Grill in Burlington, VT will be hosting a VT Cider tap takeover that you’re not going to want to miss on Wednesday, March 2nd! They will have cider on draught all day long from Woodchuck, Citizen, Boyden, Eden and more.
- Lastly,Three Penny Taproom on Saturday, March 5th from 4-7pm to celebrate VT Cider Week.
Which Vermont Cider Week event are you most looking forward to attending? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook.
18 Feb / 2016
Let’s face it; February in Vermont can be cold and dreary. However, on Saturday, March 5th, the city of Burlington comes alive with the help of the Magic Hat Brewing Company’s 21st annual Mardi Gras parade! This is one of Burlington’s biggest events of the year and we want you to be a part of the action!
Magic Hat and the Vermont Foodbank have teamed up for an exciting community based fundraiser, to raise awareness and to support Vermonters. The mission of the Vermont Foodbank is to gather and share quality food and nurture partnerships so that no one in Vermont will go hungry. Over the years, Magic Hat Mardi Gras weekend has raised over $215,000 for the Vermont community. This once a year event brings the public together for a colorful celebration of merriment and fun.
Want to know more about the big day on Saturday? Here is a run-down of everything you need to know:
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street
- 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street
- 12:00 PM – 2:15 PM Mardi Gras Fun Run registration at the Magic Hat tent in City Hall Park
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM Visit the Mardi Gras Photo Booth on Church Street in front of Homeport
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM Visit the Magic Hat Van on Church Street in front of Ben & Jerry’s
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM King & Queen of Mardi Gras Costume Contest on City Hall Park stage
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM The Green Mountain Playboys perform on City Hall Park stage
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street
- 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM Mardi Gras Fun Run down Main Street
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Mardi Gras Parade
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Waylon Speed performs on City Hall Park stage
- 5:00 PM – ??? All of Burlington’s bars and restaurants will be abuzz with great music, food and drink. Hit ’em up!
Keep up-to-date on this fun-packed weekend, by visiting Magic Hat’s Facebook page for more details!
Will you be attending this year’s parade? What’s your favorite part about Mardi Gras weekend? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!
If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend to celebrate Valentine’s Day, you’re in luck! Boyden Valley Winery and Spirits will be participating in the Vermont Grape and Wine Council’s Wine & Chocolate Weekend, this Saturday & Sunday, February 13th & 14th. Enjoy a tasty and romantic wine and chocolate experience from 10am-5pm at the Boyden Valley winery in Cambridge, Vermont.
Boyden Valley will feature chocolates from local chocolatiers with FREE Chocolate and Wine pairings. Experience the decadent flavors of Boyden Valley wines, cider, and Vermont Ice crème liqueurs perfectly matched with dark chocolate truffles, cranberry orange bark, and sea-salted caramels. Is your mouth watering yet?
STiR Chocolates, crafts artisan chocolates infused with Boyden Valley wines and creme liqueurs that are as beautiful as they are delicious in Cambridge, Vermont. Matteo, the owner and chocolatier, will be onsite over the weekend with samples of his exquisite creations including seasonal specialties you won’t find anywhere else!
Stoweflake Chocolates will also be at the winery with a variety of mouthwatering chocolate truffles, chocolate bark, and caramels from their family owned business that has been operating in Jericho, Vermont for over 50 years. Their variety of packaging is perfect to take home a sweet treat for yourself or a heart-shaped gift for the one you love.
This year, a couple NEW experiences to the Wine & Chocolate Weekend that will make your heart flutter:
Valentine’s Themed Cocktail Tasting made with Boyden Valley Wines, Ciders, and Liqueurs is the perfect treat for the mixologist at heart. Take home the recipes to make Valentine fall in love all over again!
The Wine & Chocolate Weekend will also feature the following:
- FREE Wine & Chocolate Pairings
- Valentine’s Themed Cocktail Tasting
- 5% OFF 6 Bottles AND Receive a 22oz. Vermont Ice Hard Cider for $1!
- STiR Chocolates on site with more chocolate samples & products to purchase
- Snowflake Chocolates on site with more chocolate samples & products to purchase
Contact Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits at (802) 644-8151 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. No Reservations necessary for Daytime Event. Be sure to check out Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits Facebook page to keep up-to-date with other exciting events and happenings.
We hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day and enjoy this fun-filled weekend event!
03 Feb / 2016
It’s official! Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this Groundhog Day, so we can all rejoice, knowing that Spring is on the way! So with that said, how are you going to spend the next six weeks waiting for warmer weather to arrive? We’ve got a great idea, why not spend it with us, and some of our favorite bars and restaurants all over the state of Vermont?
We are excited to announce that we have quite a few fun happenings taking place over the next few weeks, from Superbowl parties, to pool leagues to special promotions, where you can enjoy drink specials, and while you sip on your beverage of choice, you can also win some amazing swag including hats, tshirts, coolers, grills and snowboards!
Do we have your attention yet? We hope so! Below, find a list upcoming events happening now thru March!
- Join Mogul’s in Killington for a Super Bowl Party on Feb 7th from 6pm to 9pm. Prizes will consist of a Bike, Snowboard and Grill sponsored Labatt, Otter Creek and Dos Equis.
- Join Pub 42 in Rutland for a Super Bowl Party on Feb 7th from open to close. Prizes will consist of T-shirts and Coasters sponsored by Switchback.
- Join the VFW in Brattleboro for a Super Bowl Party on Feb 7th from open to close. Prizes will consist of T-shirts, Hats and Cups sponsored by Sam Adams.
- Join Stonehedge Indoor Golf in Rutland on Feb 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th from open to close. Prizes will consist of a Snowboard sponsored by Otter Creek.
- Join The Chop House in Ludlow from Feb 1st thru Feb 29th from open to close. Prizes will consist of a Snowboard sponsored by Pabst.
- Join Lake Hortonia Country Store in Orwell from Feb 5th thru Feb 7th from 8am to 4pm each day. Prizes will consist of a Cooler, T-shirts, Hats, Koozies and Key chains sponsored by Coors Light and Labatt.
- Join Killington Deli from Feb 1st thru Mar 31st from open to close. Prizes will consist of a Snowboard sponsored by Otter Creek.
- Join Elk’s in Windsor on Feb 13th from 1pm to 6pm. Prizes will consist of a Cooler, Grill and Bike sponsored by Labatt, Coors and Allagash.
Valentine’s Day Party
- Head to Sheri’s Place in Springfield for a Valentine’s Day Party on Feb 13th from 6pm to 9pm. Prizes will consist of T-shirts, Hats and Key chains sponsored by Magic Hat, Allagash and Blue Moon.
- Join Clear River Tavern in Pittsfield for Thursday Night Pool League from Jan 21st thru Mar 31st from 7pm to 9pm. Prizes will consist of Hats, Coozies and T-shirts sponsored by Pabst.
We hope you can make it to these exciting events and they keep you busy in these next few weeks. Enjoy!
It’s always exciting for us here at Baker Distributing when we can connect with creative, passionate people, who are dedicated to making quality products that they can share with their friends, families and customers. And that is exactly what Marty Bonneau from Good Water Brewing is looking to accomplish. Marty Bonneau has been brewing beer for quite some time now, so his plan to open a craft brewery and tap room in Vermont was a no-brainer.
Good Water Brewery located at 740 Marshall Avenue in Williston, signed a lease back in August, and since then, has been doing major construction to install brewing equipment and all that comes with opening up a new business. Good Water Brewery will have a 20-barrel brewhouse in a 5,000-square-foot facility, as well as a tasting room, where visitors and craft beer enthusiasts can sample beers, purchase pints or take home growlers. Marty is partnering with his nephew Chris Capetz, who will be heading the business side of the brewery, while Marty will be the mastermind behind the beer making.
Bonneau received a scholarship to the American Brewers Guild and got a professional brewers degree in 2013. “We want to put out a beer that has full flavor to it, beer that’s enjoyable and tastes good, that you can sit down and enjoy a few of them with your friends,” he said. “I love some of the bigger beers, that have 8, 9, 10 percent alcohol, but you can’t sit down and have a few. We’re looking to predominantly do English and American style beers,” Bonneau said, including some session beers, which are lower in alcohol,” the Williston Observer reported.
The Good Water Brewery has been hard at work, getting the final renovations in order, and getting all their ingredients together to start brewing their first batch of beer, which will be a Pale Ale, stated Bonneau.
We are very excited to welcome Good Water Brewing to our portfolio, and have signed them for state wide distribution. We’ll be sure to keep you up-to-date on their Grand Opening and other fun events planned at the brewery. Until then, you can follow them on Facebook to see the progress of the construction and brewing process.
Also, be sure to save the date for: Monday, March 14th at 7pm for their March 2016 Club Meeting, which was started by longtime Green Mountain Masher Marty Bonneau. Bonneau is French for Good Water. Marty will give a tour of the new brewery and answer any questions you have. They ask that you please bring a glass for sampling, labeled home brews to share and snacks to share.
We want to wish Good Water Brewing the best of luck and look forward to working with them to bring delicious, craft beer to the Green Mountain state!
Do you have plans this coming Wednesday, January 27th from 5-7pm? If you’re free, love wine and like contributing to a good cause, then look no further! We are excited to announce that we are partnering up with Dan & Whit’s, a true Vermont General Store located in Norwich, to bring you a special wine tasting to be held at the historic Norwich Inn.
Tickets are available for purchase at Dan & Whit’s for $15.00, or at the door the night of the event for $20.00. A portion of the proceeds from this night will be donated to the Norwich Library. For every ticket sold, they will donate $6.00 and for every bottle of wine sold, a $1.00 will be donated as well!
As a bonus, you will also receive a $5 coupon to The Norwich Inn to be used for food/dinner that night or anytime you choose within 30 days of the event!
The Featured wines showcased at the event will be from Constellation Brands. Enjoy delicious reds, whites, and bubbles in a wide array of styles from many regions of the world. Want a preview of what will be offered next Wednesday night? Below, find the carefully selected wines for your tasting pleasure.
- Pop Crush Sparkling
- Ruffino Prosecco- Italy
- White Wines:
- Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc- New Zealand
- Ruffino Orvieto-Italy
- Estancia Pinot Grigio-California
- Tom Gore Chardonnay- California
- Hogue Fume Blanc, Washington State
- SIMI Chardonnay-Sonoma
- Mouton Cadet Rose-Bordeaux, France
- The Dreaming Tree Every Day White
- Red Wines:
- The Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir-Central Coast
- Diseno Red Blend-Argentina
- Rioja Vega- Spain
- Ruffino Ducale-Tuscany
- Primal Roots Red Blend-California
- Hogue Merlot- Washington State
- Anderra Carmenere- Chile
- Tom Gore Cabernet-California
- Diseno Malbec – Argentina
- Robert Mondavi Private Selection Heritage Red Blend-CA
- SAVED Red Blend- California
We hope you can make it to this fun tasting event. If you’re interested in grabbing a bite to eat after, or in the future, you can check out the Norwich Inn’s dinner menu here. Enjoy!
Join the 1900 Burger at Mount Snow Resort for a culinary experience that will have your taste buds jumping for joy. The team at 1900 Burger have hand-picked a few of their favorite boutique craft breweries to bring you this Beer Pairing Dinner Series event. These special events will feature four gourmet food courses each paired with beers from that night’s featured craft brewery or craft beer style. The evening will be conducted by a representative from the brewery and by Executive Chef Michael Giorgio. As your hosts, they will introduce each course and describe what you will be eating and drinking. They will also expand on why they chose to pair them together. The selected craft brewery for this dinner will be Allagash Brewing Company, from Portland, Maine.
The Beer Pairing Dinner will take place Friday, January 15th, beginning at 7pm. There are a limited number of seats available for this event, so advance reservations are required. The cost for the dinner is $59 per person with payment in full, including tax and gratuity, is required at the time of booking. To buy tickets online, please click here.
Now that you’ve got all the details, let’s take a look at the mouth-watering menu planned for the evening!
Allagash Beer Pairing Dinner Menu:
Pigs and Chips
Slow roasted pork belly, cider gastrique, braised wild mushrooms, gremolata fries
Paired with: Interlude Ale – aged in Oak with Brettanomyces (10%)
Stacked Liver and Fruit
Cognac foie gras, sour apple brulee, crisp Asian pear, truffled honey
Paired with: Saison – Farmhouse style ale (6.1%)
Lamb, Spice, and Everything Nice
Seared five spice lamb, white soy reduction, Cippolini confit, baked acorn squash, potato puree
Paired with: Dubble – Belgian style reddish ale (7%)
Vermont Creamery mascarpone, maple candied bacon, spiced Bourbon syrup
Paired with: Curieux Ale – aged in bourbon oak barrels (11%)
Locally Sourced Food:
Belle Farm/Sullivan County, NY
Deep root organics/Johnson, VT
Scott Farm/ East Dummerston, VT
Settlement Farms/ Underhill, VT
Westminster Organics/ Westminster, VT
Keep It Real Organics/ Jamaica, VT
Thomas Dairy/ Rutland, VT
Won’t you join us for this delicious culinary event? The Beer Pairing Dinners typically tend to sell out, so don’t miss your chance to enjoy this awesome experience! Enjoy!
We are excited to ring in the New Year with this exciting culinary event at the Reluctant Panther, featuring excellent wines of Fox Run Vineyards, from the Finger Lakes Region in New York. The evening will begin with a reception at 6:00pm, followed by a multi-course paired menu starting at 7:00pm.
Wine Dinner Menu Featuring Fox Run Vineyard:
- 1st Course – Reception
- Vermont Artisanal Cheese Selection
- Semi Dry Riesling, Finger Lakes 2013
- 2nd Course
- House-made Misty Knoll Chicken Sausage
- Apple & Sage atop creamy parmesan polenta
- Chardonnay, Doyle Family 2014
- 3rd Course
- Grilled Mediterranean Spiced Branzino
- Citrus & fennel salad, fried baby artichoke, saffron aioli, blood orange beurre blanc
- Reserve Riesling 2011
- (94 points Wine Enthusiast)
- 4th Course
- Slow Braised Blackwatch Farms Beef Cheeks
- Brown Butter & Allspice Carrot puree, herb roasted Russian banana potatoes
- Cabernet Franc infused demi-glace
- Cabernet Franc-Lemberger 2013
- 5th Course
- Belgian Milk Chocolate Pot du Creme
- Caramelized Meringue, Bitter Chocolate Biscotti
- Ruby Port n/v
The cost for the dinner is $85.00 per person, excluding Tax & Gratuity. Please contact the Reluctant Panther for details and reservations: 1-802-362-2568 or email@example.com. Add a touch of luxury with Room Packages starting at $369(plus taxes)!
We hope you can make it to this special wine dinner. Happy New Year!
Looking to enjoy a culinary experience that features gourmet food paired with delicious craft beer? If you answered yes, then we have a special treat for you! The 1900 Burger in West Dover, Vermont will be hosting a 4-course beer pairing dinner, this Friday, December 18th. The evening will be conducted by a representative from Two Roads Brewing Company, and 1900 Burger’s Executive Chef Mike Giorgio. As your hosts, they will introduce each course and describe what you will be eating and drinking, and why they chose to pair them together.
Please note that there are a limited number of seats available for this beer dinner, so be sure to reserve your spot in advance so you don’t miss out on this delicious dining experience! The cost for the Two Roads Beer Pairing dinner is $59 per person + tax & auto-gratuity. Dinner begins promptly at 7pm; please arrive 15 minutes early.
Now that you’ve got all the details, let’s take a look at the menu.
Two Roads Beer Pairing Dinner Menu:
- First Course: Drunken Ribs and Grits. Evil braised Vermont short ribs, creamy Tarentaise grits, & scallion chimichurri Pairing: ROUTE OF ALL EVIL, Black India Pail Ale, 7.5%
- Second Course: Sweet and Sour Salad, Confit apples, Vermont chevre, sunflower seed, pickled beets, roasted beets, sweet Mirin vinaigrette – Pairing: TWO EVIL GEYSER GOSE, Icelandic Inspired Sour, 5.5%
- Third Course: Duck and Fig, Pan basted mallard duck breast, fig jam, mulled port wine reduction, puffed farro, bacon and date salad – Pairing: 20 TON, Blonde Barley Wine, 12%
- Fourth Course: Butternut Squash and Chèvre Cheesecake, Allspice, salty caramel, brittle – Pairing: WORKERS COMP, Farmhouse Style Ale, 4.8%
To purchase tickets, please click HERE.
The Beer Pairing Dinner will take place at: 39 MOUNT SNOW ROAD, WEST DOVER, VT 05356. Please call 1-800-245-SNOW for more information.
We hope you enjoy this special Two Roads Brewing event. Which dinner course and beer pairing are you most looking forward to enjoying? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!