It’s an exciting time in Vermont, as the second annual Vermont Cider Week debuts again for a week-long celebration of all things CIDER! Vermont Cider Week “connects Vermont cider makers to buyers from top restaurants, bars and retail shops across the Green Mountain State. Vermont Cider Week helps bring awareness, new business, and growth to the states cideries.” This week long event isn’t just for the cider makers, it’s also for the trade industry and for the consumers who have an appreciation for Vermont ciders.
Vermont Cider Week is a “collaboration between Vermont craft cider makers to showcase the best hard cider made from the best apples on the planet.” The following VT Cider Makers will be participating all over the state, which include: Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits, Boyer’s Hard Ciders & Wines, Champlain Orchards, Citizen Cider, Eden Ice Cider, Fable Farm Cider, Flag Hill Farm, Forbidden Orchards, Hall Home Place, Newhall Farm, Shacksbury, Stowe Cider, Woodchuck Hard Cider, Whetstone Ciderworks, Windfall Orchard & Farnum Hill Ciders!
There are events taking place at various bars, restaurants and tasting rooms all over Vermont every day/night from Friday, Feb. 26th continuing through Saturday, March 5th. From cider tap takeovers to limited edition tastings, there is something for everybody to enjoy during this exciting week. Since there are quite a few events taking place, we decided to highlight a few for you!
Check out these exciting happenings:
- Join Woodchuck Cider in Middlebury, VT and celebrate VT Cider Week at the Woodchuck Cider House all week long to sample their craft cider and view their tour hall! This event takes place 2/26-3/6.
- This Saturday, 2/27, check out VT’s finest ciders at the Skinny Pancake at Stowe Mountain for a tap takeover featuring Woodchuck Cider, Boyden and Eden Cider, and many more!
- On Tuesday, March 4th, head to Doc Ponds in Stowe, VT to take part in VT Cider Week and apres ski in style.
- Stop by the Farmhouse Tap & Grill in Burlington, VT will be hosting a VT Cider tap takeover that you’re not going to want to miss on Wednesday, March 2nd! They will have cider on draught all day long from Woodchuck, Citizen, Boyden, Eden and more.
- Lastly,Three Penny Taproom on Saturday, March 5th from 4-7pm to celebrate VT Cider Week.
Which Vermont Cider Week event are you most looking forward to attending? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook.