Let’s face it; February in Vermont can be cold and dreary. However, on Saturday, March 5th, the city of Burlington comes alive with the help of the Magic Hat Brewing Company’s 21st annual Mardi Gras parade! This is one of Burlington’s biggest events of the year and we want you to be a part of the action!
Magic Hat and the Vermont Foodbank have teamed up for an exciting community based fundraiser, to raise awareness and to support Vermonters. The mission of the Vermont Foodbank is to gather and share quality food and nurture partnerships so that no one in Vermont will go hungry. Over the years, Magic Hat Mardi Gras weekend has raised over $215,000 for the Vermont community. This once a year event brings the public together for a colorful celebration of merriment and fun.
Want to know more about the big day on Saturday? Here is a run-down of everything you need to know:
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street
- 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street
- 12:00 PM – 2:15 PM Mardi Gras Fun Run registration at the Magic Hat tent in City Hall Park
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM Visit the Mardi Gras Photo Booth on Church Street in front of Homeport
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM Visit the Magic Hat Van on Church Street in front of Ben & Jerry’s
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM King & Queen of Mardi Gras Costume Contest on City Hall Park stage
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM The Green Mountain Playboys perform on City Hall Park stage
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street
- 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM Mardi Gras Fun Run down Main Street
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Mardi Gras Parade
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Waylon Speed performs on City Hall Park stage
- 5:00 PM – ??? All of Burlington’s bars and restaurants will be abuzz with great music, food and drink. Hit ’em up!
Keep up-to-date on this fun-packed weekend, by visiting Magic Hat’s Facebook page for more details!
Will you be attending this year’s parade? What’s your favorite part about Mardi Gras weekend? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook!