The 23rd Annual Vermont Brewers Festival Comes To The Burlington Waterfront Park: July 17th-18th 2015!
Do you like celebrating artisan craft beers & the brewers who brew them? If you answered yes, then the annual Vermont Brewers Festival is the place to be next weekend, July 17th & 18th at the Burlington waterfront park! The Vermont Brewers Festival is celebrating more than twenty years of artisan craft beer making and is one of the most highly anticipated events of the summer. This festival is put on by the Vermont Brewers Association and the purpose of the event is to promote the amazing craft brewing scene in Vermont and beyond.
This year’s festival features over 40 different breweries from all over the state of Vermont, as well as Maine, New Hampshire, Quebec & Massachusetts. Some of the Vermont breweries include:
- Hop N’ Moose Brewing Company
- Magic Hat Brewing Company
- Otter Creek Brewing Company
- Switchback Brewing Company
- The Vermont Pub & Brewery
Want to know what some of those Vermont Brewers are going to have on tap? Here’s a teaser. Warning: drooling may occur, these beers sound delicious!
- Hop N’ Moose Brewing Company to feature the following:
- Head Doctor DIPA (7.4% IBU 41) An extremely well balanced double IPA with 5 varieties of hops, this beer is just what the doctor ordered!
- Swamp Donkey Stout (7.2% 28 ABV) An oatmeal stout with notes of coffee & chocolate
- Barrel Aged Surprise (5.0%) One log will be tapped each session
- Magic Hat Brewing Company to feature the following:
- Art Hop Ale (4.8%) A masterpiece of an easy-drinking pilsner. Hops and the addition of pink peppercorn express themselves freely leading to a delightfully spicy finish.
- Electric Peel (6.0% 65 IBU) An electric IPA that sends shocks of flavors through a medium malt body amplified by grapefruit peel leaving behind a bittersweet finish.
- Stealin Time (5.5% 60 IBU) A hazy summer sipper that will while away the days with a light malt sweetness, balanced by hops and a pinch of ginger.
- Otter Creek Brewing to feature the following:
- Joint Custody (6.2% 68 IBU) Brewed in collaboration with Jack’s Abby Brewing, this nouveau Pilsner features Huell Melon and Mandarina Bavaria hops.
- Shed Profanity (6.8% 68 IBU) A f@#!ing hoppy brew with an obscenely malty backbone that will have you screamin’ the whole way down
- Couch Surfer (5.4% 32 IBU) Brimming with darkly roasted malts and rich notes of chocolate and coffee, this velvety-smooth oatmeal stout lingers and lounges into your heart.
- Switchback Brewing Company to feature the following:
- Extra Pale Ale (4.8% 47 IBU) Developed using whole cone hops from the UVM Hop Extension project, providing a lively aroma with a tailored malt build.
- Saison (7.5% 32 IBU) Complementing the lemony character from Saison yeast, we added Mosaic hops and peppercorn to the end of the boil
- Berlinerweisse (3.0% 20 IBU) Brewed with our house Ale yeast and Lactobacillus producing this hazy, spritzy, straw colored beer with a clean lactic sourness.
- Vermont Pub & Brewery to feature the following:
- Mint Chocolate Stout (4.5% 30 IBU) Served with a fresh sprig of spearmint. Features freshly roasted Madagascar cocoa nibs from Lake Champlain Chocolates blended with fresh mint.
- The V.I.P.A. (5.5% 75 IBU) A true Vermont IPA! Hopped exclusively with Vermont grown nugget hops from the UVM Extension Vermont Hops Project in Alburgh, VT.
- Berlinerweisse (4.0% 8 IBU) A cloudy, wheaty, very sour tart style of wheat beer. Sour mashed and brewed using over 50% wheat malt. Light, tart, and thirst quenching.
Don’t forget to pair your beer with some delicious eats! Food vendors will also be at the festival so you can enjoy some tasty edibles from some of Vermont’s finest. Enjoy treats from: Ahli Baba’s Kabob Shop, Prohibition Pig, Black Diamond BBQ, Island Homemade Ice cream, American Flatbread, Worthy Burger & A-Maize-ing Kettle Korn.
This festival is outdoors and is a 21+ event (photo ID required). Looking for tickets? Sadly, this event sold out months ago. However, there are still tickets available for the first session, taking place on Friday, July 17th from 12:00pm-4:00pm. You can purchase tickets here, and will also receive a 2015 souvenir tasting glass & 15 beer tickets. You can also find a more detailed guide to the VT Brewers Festival here, to give you the inside scoop on all that happening over the weekend!
Have you ever experienced the Vermont Brewers Festival over the years? If so, what was your favorite part of the event and what beers did you enjoy most? We’d love to hear your thoughts, share them with us on Facebook.