2015 Pond Hockey Classic returns to Lake Champlain Feb.13th-15th
It’s that time of year again, the time where hockey players from all over the state join forces and compete in the 4th Annual Lake Champlain Pond Hockey Classic tournament, taking place in Mallets Bay in Colchester, VT, and sponsored by Labatt Blue.
Each year, Labatt Blue hosts this annual Real Hockey event, hosting Pond Hockey tournaments across the US. The competition is meant to be fun, with no refs, no replays, and no rink. Just a pond, your friends and some stiff competition.
The tournament set-up is a 4 vs. 4 Round Robin game played on the beautiful frozen ice on Lake Champlain. The games consist of two fifteen-minute halves with two-minute breaks taking place between halves. There will be two games on Friday, two games on Saturday and playoff rounds scheduled for Sunday if your team qualifies.
Wondering what you will need to complete the registration process? Here’s the rundown:
- Team fee is $600. If you have already paid your deposit to reserve your team’s spot, the remaining balance will be charged to your account. Teams, who have not reserved a spot, will be required to pay-in-full to hold their place in the tournament.
- Please make sure to have your valid Visa, Mastercard, Discover or checking account information ready with the cardholder’s name and billing address verified and ready to go!
- You will also be asked to provide information on your team at the time of registration. They will need your name, age, birthdate address, email and phone number.
Now that you’ve got your teams spot locked down, let’s look into the schedule of events for the weekend. The agenda will be as follows:
- Feb 4th- LCPHC Game Schedule is released
- Feb 9th- LCPHC Final Rosters due
- Feb 13th- 4th Annual LCPHC: Day One takes place
- Feb 14th- Day two of the tournament continues
- Feb 15th- Championship Sunday
So do you think you and your team have what it takes to win? We hope you are getting excited and ready to have some fun! When the competition ends, participants are invited to head to Church Street in downtown Burlington to revel in Pond Hockey glory and celebrate the good times on the “Pond.” Stay tuned for the time and location for this event.
If you need more information on the tournament, please visit The Lake Champlain Pond Hockey Classic website and register your team today!