ON THE BLOG
THE SWITCHBACK ALE CAN
“Ale fans have been asking for cans, but we held off until we could install a canning line designed for craft brewers from the ground up,” said Switchback founder and brewmaster Bill Cherry. “It’s from Germany and integrates the seamer with the filler in one monoblock to give craft brewers unprecedented control of the filling speed to maintain world class quality.”
Switchback cans feature a non-BPA liner to assure quality and a special matte finish on its graphics.
“Switchback Ale drinkers are assured the same great beer flavor experience they expect from us,” said Cherry. “There is zero compromise on quality. This beer is identical to our bottles and draught – which aren’t going away – and the fill is the best that exists on the planet. We’re excited to add more options in cans in the future.”
ANGELINE WINE = SUSTAINABILITY
We’ve joined ranks with the Sonoma County Winegrowers Association, and we are pleased to say that we have passed our first third-party sustainability audit!
- Our solar energy system supplies over 80% of the winery’s power.
- Winery cellar lighting is motion sensitive (lights off in dormant areas), and we are continuing to upgrade to LED lighting in all buildings.
- Our gray water collection pond has been recently upgraded to better treat winery wastewater through aeration and filtration, and much of it is being reused for landscape irrigation. This is particularly important in this time of drought.
- The piping that moves glycol throughout the winery to chill and warm tanks for fermentation and storage has been insulated for efficiency, as well as the tanks themselves to help maintain temperature with minimal energy consumption.
- Our inert Nitrogen is generated on-site which doesn’t require compressed gas deliveries by truck.
- All grape processing pomace (stems, seeds, skins) is recycled into vineyard and landscaping compost.